If you can't compost it or use it as mulch, then you should know that the Fall Green Waste collection in the City of Albuquerque will be the week of November 28 - December 9 -- on your regular trash day. For more information from the City of Albuquerque’s Solid Waste Management Department visit https://www.cabq.gov/solidwaste/green-waste.
Solid Waste customers should have their Green Waste at the curb by 7 a.m. on the day of their regular trash collection day.
The green waste is processed into a rough chip mulch and is used to help prevent erosion at the Cerro Colorado Landfill.
Call 505-761-8167 with questions.
During collection events, please follow these guidelines:
- Green Waste must be 5 feet away from trash/recycling containers.
- Green Waste (leaves, grass, and brush) must be placed in trash bags.
- Trash bags must not weigh more than 40 lbs.
- Cut branches to four-foot lengths and bundle them securely.
- Dirt, debris, gravel, construction material or tree stumps will not be picked up.
- Do not place green waste in your recycling cart.